March playbill is designed to delight all musical theatre admires – most famous Russian stars will take part in classical opera and ballet masterpieces.
Here are the star performances scheduled on March.
- Ten years anniversary of Yury Grigorovich’s legendary Spartacus returning to the Siberian stage NOVAT will celebrate with ballet shows featuring world ballet stars: 12 March principal with the Mikhailovsky Theatre Ivan Vasiliev will perform the title role, and principal Angelina Vorontsova will for the first time in her career perform Aegina in shows with Y. Grigorovich’s rendition on 12 and 14 March. Principals with the Bolshoi Ballet Denis Rodkin and Anna Nikulina will perform Spartacus and Aegina respectively on 14 March. 13 March the leading parts of this show will be performed by the stars of NOVAT ballet company: Roman Polkovnikov, Olga Grishenkova, Mikhail Lifentsev, Anna Odintsova.
- A spring gift for those admiring academic singing – Rimsky-Korsakov’s opera The Snow Maiden is scheduled on 3 March with participation of guest soloists – rising stars of Russian opera community. The part of Spring Beauty will be performed by a winner of international competitions, member of the Bolshoi Theatre’s Young Artists opera program Maria Barakova, while the part of Mizgir will be performed by an awardee of international competitions member of the Bolshoi Theatre’s Young Artists opera program Dmitry Cheblykov.
- Holiday shows of Nacho Duato’s exquisite La Bayadère on the Main stage of NOVAT will delight ballet admires with guest appearances. Fascinating Angelina Vorontsova will perform the leading part in 7 March show, Solor will be performed by a soloist with the Mikhailovsky Theatre Ernest Latypov, Gamzatti – NOVAT’s principal Olga Grishenkova. In 8 March matinee Siberian ballet star Anna Zharova will debut as Nikiya, while dearly loved by Siberian audience Roman Polkovnikov will perform Solor. 8 March evening show will feature an impressive soloist with NOVAT ballet company Ksenia Zakharova as Nikiya, and a Bolshoi Ballet star Igor Tsvirko as Solor.
- 17 March Aida will involve two Russian opera stars - NOVAT’s prima donna, amazing Veronika Dzhioeva performing the title role and a soloist with the Bolshoi Theatre Agunda Kulaeva as Amneris. The next time the Novosibirsk audience will have an opportunity to see our favorite opera star, amazing Veronika Dzhioeva is on 21 March in La bohème and on 24 March in Turandot performing leading parts.
- The incredible Ivan Vasiliev will hit the stage of NOVAT on 26 March to perform his best part Basil in effervescent ballet Don Quixote. This live-asserting production allows the brilliant artist to reveal his outstanding talent and charm showcasing his highest performing skill.
Do not miss star-studded performances at NOVAT!