Vyacheslav Starodubtsev is nominated to a post of NOVAT's chief director. It's remarkable, because the nomination took place on the International Theatre Day.
In NOVAT, the director carries on the Moscow Directors School's traditions, established by famous RSITA's members Lev Mikhailov, Vahagn Bagratuni, who used to work in NOVAT in the past century. Vyacheslav Starodubtsev graduated from RSITA's Faculty of the Musical Theatre (Dmitry Bertman studio), proposed a thesis.
Vladimir Kekhman, the director general of NOVAT said:"I'm thankful to Vyacheslav for accepting the post of main director in these hard, yet very important times for the theatre. He is unconditionally trusted by the company, he knows how to work with the artists, trying to unfold their vocal and acting potential. What is also important, the Novosibirsk audience got to love his performances - they always get a full house."
The Moscow director started cooperation with the Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theatre in February of 2016. Together with the musical director/principal conductor Dmitry Yurovsky he released four full-size premieres, having the theatre's new face shaped. The following performances have become the milestones of Siberian opera life: Verdi's "Aida" performed as fasion-opera, "The Queen of Spades" based on Chaikosky's opera score, Verdi's "Un Ballo in Maschera". "Aida" was called the best musical performance in Novosibirsk, and received the Russian Theatre Union "Paradise" award.
Dmitry Yurovsky, who is the theatre's main conductor and musical director said: "The real principal director of the theatre must feel the singer as a vocalist, he must know the music as a conductor, build the character as a dramatic artist, think visually as a set designer, feel the physics of body motion as a choreographer and wed an artistic personality, a manager and psychiatrist. Apart from all those things, Vyacheslav has this emotional generosity and European subtlety, which let him accomplish artistic feats in all different kinds of musical theatre. I am so happy for NOVAT's company, because working with Vyacheslav Starodubtsev means musical and scenic evolution of the performance and of each artist individually."
"Each of his performances is a big event for our theatre - points Olga Obuchova, Honored Artist of Russian Federation, who is also the head of the opera company - while working with Vyacheslav, the opera company retrieved its potential, got the new breath."
"Starodubtsev is an amazing person and a talented director. All soloists love to work with him - sais Veronika Jioeva, Honored Artist of South Ossetia Republic and North Ossetia Republic - our theatre has been lacking such young leader, full of new ideas and solutions, who is ready to share and inspire.
- has Ph. D. in Study of Arts;
- is a member of Russian Theatre Union;
- 2008 -2011 director of Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre;
- 2006 - 2013 professor of acting and directing of the musical theatre at the Faculty of Musical Theatre in RUTA (GITIS);
- has staged more than 30 performances in drama theatres;
- is a play doctor for drama theatre; he organized and set international art projects in Japan (the literary-musical festival “Living Russian Word”, Tokyo), India (“Jazz forever”, New Delhi), Spain («Danza De Amor», Benidorm), Estonia (Portrait Gallery «Tarkovski PEEGEL. Ma olen teine Puu», Tallin), Belorussia (“Days of Russian culture”, Minsk);
- one of the organizers of Moscow Musical Theatre festival. He is a chairman of the judges in the International contest-festival of children and young people art “the Talent Salut”;
- As a musical consultant and music scene director, he took part in the following projects: "Dostoyevsky" (directed by V. Khotinenko), "Kuprin. Duel"(directed by A. Malyukov), “Grigory Rasputin” (directed by A. Malyukov);
- since 2002 and still is a soloist and director of Moscow Music Theatre "Helikon-Opera" under Dmitry Bertman.