Director of the Ballet
In 2000 Leonid graduated from the Kyiv State Choreographic School. The same year he joined the Kyiv national ballet company as soloist. He performed parts in the following productions with this company: La Sylphide (James), Giselle (Albrecht), grand pas in Paquita, The Sleeping Beauty (Prince Désiré, Blue bird), Swan Lake (Siegfried), The Nutcracker (Prince), Don Quixote (Basil), Petrushka (Petrushka), Carmen Suite (Escamillo).
In 2002 – 2010 he was a soloist with the Mikhailovsky Theatre, where his repertoire extended to the following parts: La Sylphide (James), Giselle (Albrecht), pas-de-deux in The Flower Festival in Genzano (choreography by Bourneville), Le Corsaire (Ali, Lankedem) La Bayadère (Solor), The Sleeping Beauty (Prince Désiré), Swan Lake (Prince Siegfried), Don Quixote (Basil), Romeo and Juliet (Romeo, Mercutio), George Balanchine ballets Symphony in С (part III), Theme and Variations, The Four Temperaments, Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux, Jewels (Rubies), Tarantella, also in Études, The Nutcracker (Prince; staged by M. Shemyakin, choreography by K. Simonov), The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude (W. Forsythe), Ondine (Matteo, choreography by Lacotte), The Little Humpbacked Horse (Ivan the fool, choreography by A. Ratmansky).
Since 2011 he has been a Principal dancer with the Mikhailovsky ballet. With this company he performed the following parts in the following ballets: Swan Lake, Don Quixote, La Bayadère, Le Corsaire, Flames of Paris, The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, Giselle ou Les Wilis, La Fille mal gardée, Cipollino, La Halte de cavalerie, Class Concert, Romeo and Juliet, Without Words, Invisible, Prelude, Multiplicity. Forms of Silence and Emptiness, White Darkness. He toured with the Mikhailovsky ballet company to Japan, England, the USA, Germany, Finland and Latvia.
- National theatre award The Golden Mask (2010) in Best Male Role category
- International Dance Association prize Benois de la Danse (2006).
- The Soul of Dance prize by The Ballet Magazine in category Star (2006).
- Korea International Ballet Competition in Seoul award (2004).
- Golden medal at the International ballet dancers and choreographers competition in Moscow (2001).
- Golden medal at the International ballet artists competition in Paris (2000).
- Silver star at Nureyev International Ballet Competition in Budapest (2000).